A Forum for Ideas
Call for Papers
All Monorail Lovers, Advocates, and to whom it may concern,
We encourage and invite professionals across the world to submit paper proposals for the Monorailex 2023 Conference in Brazil with the kind support of Metro São Paulo.
Monorailex is the annual conference of the International Monorail Association with its goal to provide a platform to present new research and development of monorail systems and operational findings. This platform targets towards experts involved in transportation planning in communities and metropolitan regions, in the industry as monorail system suppliers, the supply and service industries for vehicles and infrastructure, researchers and operators for mass transportation for an exchange.
The International Monorail Association also welcomes researchers to submit their original articles, which can be of academic or of practical value, to be published for the first time. We seek contributions that illustrate the different transportation systems, and ways to enhance their efficiency and showcase opportunities for empowering citizens in finding solutions in mass transportation.
Monorailex 2023 Theme
Best Practice and further Evolution of Monorails as Public Transportation Systems
Possible topics could include:
- Best Practices Construction, Operations, and Maintenance
- Planning of Transport Systems and Evaluation (of monorails)
- Transit System Safety
- Life Cycle Costs
- Technical Innovations
Guide for authors and important dates:
- Language: English
- Deadline to submit detailed abstract (max. 250 words) and author details is May 12, 2023
(if there are multiple authors, please provide information of the presenter and if the presentation will be remote, or the presenter will join the conference in person as a participant)
- Deadline of full paper document file, single spaced in Times New Roman 12 point and the presentation in PowerPoint ppt by email including videos and/or recorded presentation: September 29, 2023
20 minutes will be allowed for the presentation of the paper at the Conference; with 5-10 min for follow up discussions
- The author(s) shall indicate their full personal contact details and include a brief biography (max. 250 words) and photo, as well as a short company/organization description (max. 250 words) and a company logo
- The full manuscript should be emailed to the IMA Office (email@example.com) by the deadline indicated above and summarized below. Authors will be contacted by email for authoring guidelines after we have received and accepted the detailed abstract.
- Abstract Deadline: May 12, 2023
- Full and Final Version of the paper: September 29, 2023
For any enquiries regarding the program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at Monorailex 2023!
Please follow this website for continuous updates.
Copyright disclaimer. By submitting the paper and/or presentation, the author/s agree that the International Monorail Association may publish the author’s/authors’ work as part of the Proceedings and make it available to participants of the conference and other stakeholders.
Privacy disclaimer. The International Monorail Association (IMA) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by IMA, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. IMA may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used, or contracted by IMA, including but not limited to brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
October 20-24, 2023
São Paulo, Brazil
The mission of the International Monorail Association is to organize the global monorail sector, promote the application of monorail, publish information, and initiate and support standardization processes of monorail for public mass transport infrastructure.
Monorails today are an accepted alternative system for public transport. They are cost-efficient to build, safe, reliable, and environmentally friendly.
World Market Study on Monorail Systems
With a market volume of more than 2 billion Euro p.a., the monorail market segment is a comparatively small, but dynamically growing segment in the transportation business.This is the outcome of a market study which has been worked out by SCI Verkehr for the International Monorail Association. Learn more about current market with an outlook on the mid-term and long-term future of monorails as a public transport system. www.sci.de
International Monorail Association
3627 Heimberg, Switzerland
Tel. +41 33 4398085 | Fax +41 33 4398081
International Monorail Association
1432 South Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146 USA
Tel. +1 702 220 6640 | Fax +1 702 220 7740